Skrubb it Out

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Show me the money....

So, is it wrong to get two paychecks? I changed jobs recently and because of how I was getting payed at my old job, I still receive a a couple more paychecks from them. Now I'm not going to be rich or anything but, getting a paycheck from my current job then looking at my bank account to see another deposit just feels so damn good that it has to be bad, right?

It won't last though, but a few people at my current job know about it and give me flak for it. Either way, I'm trying to look at the double pay as a perk for the crap I had to deal with at my last job before I left.....which suddenly sounds pretty dumb considering it was money I earned and would be entitled to whether my job had smelled of roses or not.....heh.....I'm just glad I have a new job.

Anyway, a good friend of mine who is always looking out for me gave me a bunch of tips on what to do with the "extra" pay since it's definitely above and beyond my current living expenses. It seems a bit scary to me though...I'm using the money to pay off my credit cards and pay down my truck loan and putting some in savings....what happened to the kid who would blow it on booze and video games?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home