Skrubb it Out

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Big Toe vs. Nail Gun...

My phone rings at about 7:15 this morning and it's my father. He says something to the effect of "I feel that I have to tell you I had a small accident. I spent yesterday evening at the hospital being laughed at by the nurses and doctors who couldn't figure out how to get a nail out of my big toe."

Apparently my father wasn't paying enough attention and was using hit foot to hold a decking board in place. As he bent to nail the board down he lost his balance a bit and ended up putting a nail through the fleshy part of his big toe. Not very bright, my father. Luckily it is only a flesh wound; the bone wasn't hit and the nail didn't hit his toenail either (which would just be plain annoying as it healed).

I was surprised to hear, however, that the medical staff he was being treated by said they had never seen this injury before. I would have thought that living on the MS Gulf Coast, with all the post Katrina construction, this type of injury would be more common. Then again, there's probably not to many clumsy old men who would end up going to the Air Force hospital.

Good news is they gave him a few shots, patched him up, and sent him on his way with a few minor pain meds. He's up and about, though he promises he's going to "take it easy" today. Basically he's only going to build have a mansion today instead of the whole thing I bet.

Be safe dad!

1 Comments:

  • Yeah, well usually down in the south they see nails shot into peoples heads rather than toes. But its good to hear he's doing okay.

    By Blogger Brian Wright, at 11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home