Skrubb it Out

Saturday, January 06, 2007

The Anti-Business....

This post is about Wal-Mart....I'll pause a few seconds to let you get your focus back....

.....


......



.........





.............


Several people I know despise this chain. I however have been a fan of it for a very long time. However, I'm presently downgrading Wal-Mart's status.

For years while I was in Mobile, I really liked Wal-mart. The Schilenger's Rd store was one of my prefered shopping locations. While I don't begin to hope that that store remains the same as my memory of it, the store up here in B'ham really exemplifies the negative comments I hear.

It's painfule to go there. It's like a wild-magic zone, in which all magic becomes stupidity. It even stretches slightly beyond the bounds of the store and it's parking lot. It also seem like it is one of those bug zappers, but without the zap (or maybe it's IQ or civility or cutlture that it zaps instead of people). A good portion of the demographic that visits this place would easly be classifyed as either white trash or complete redneck hick.

Ex. On my way out I was waiting at the stop light to leave the parking lot and look over at the car next to me. I see an older guy (60's) and two early 20ish girls. The girl in the back produces a pack of cigarettes and a lighter to hook up the old man and the girl up front. At this point I see that the girl up front is missing at least 1 if not more teeth and grandpa is missing an eye and some teeth. All of this in a beat up falling apart car.

While I won't boycott the place and I won't profess never to go, I definately will be arranging my life such that I minimize my visits. Wal-mart has good prices for somethings that I really don't want to go looking for elsewhere, but thank the lord they are open 24 hours so I can go at 2 or 3 am and dodge the jacked up-inbred-toothless-58 kids-I'm on welfare-they had to get a crane to get me out of my house-I can't read prices and like to argue-I can't count so I have 64 items in the 20 item express lane-assholes that are generally in attendance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home