Skrubb it Out

Friday, December 16, 2005

Time for a trip to the Amazon.....

A few days ago I posted a call for help to get "Into the West" DVD's. Matt stepped up and informed me that Amazon.com had 9 in stock. So of course I pounced. I bought gift wrap, made a note, and had it shipped directly to the step-mother. That way if it was one or two days late, it'd be like a little surprise. So I finalize the order and Amazon informs me that it should arrive 2 days BEFORE Christmas. Phew.....just in time.

Well this morning I check my email and there's a note from Amazon. And I can tell, just by the way the bolded letters seem to be timid like the new kid raising his hand in class, that something about the email is gunna suck. Lo and behold, Amazon would like to inform me that they've had a little problem and would like me to approve it. Now when I ordered this stupid DVD they had 9 "In Stock", but they must have dropped them in the toilet water or something because they are all mysteriously missing. The earliest they can get the damn thing back in stock is January 14th.......now I ordered on the 12th of December.......that kinda seems like a long time to wait for a DVD that was IN F'N STOCK!!!!!!!

Now I generally am a big fan of online shopping. It can be done any time of the day, no lines, generally cheaper, access to global product lines, and I don't have to deal with the clerk that can't figure out how much change I should get back on a $4.73 when I give him a $10 (this happened to me yesterday). I don't make a habit of shopping at "unknown" or "untrusted" websites/online retailers for my own protection and piece of mind, but nothing pisses me off more than retailers telling me an item is in stock, letting me order it, damn well charging my credit card, then suddenly coming back with, "Oops....yeah we uh... have your money but uh.... your 'in stock' item happens to be in stock in Outer Mongolia and is being shipped on the back of a lesbian leper mule with three legs and only one good eye".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home