Skrubb it Out

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Playing ketchup......

Saw the new Harry Potter this weekend. I liked it. Dragons were cool. I had hoped for a little more screen time dealing with the World Cup, but the rest of the movie was great. Though I'm beginning to hate the 60's hair styles....everyone with long crap hair. Still like the original Dumbledore better. The current one is doing a great job, but he just doesn't seem to capture the grandfatherly aspect I have always seen in D's character. Lots of reviewers mentioned Emma Watson's performance as being less than expected. Honestly, I didn't notice until I read the reviews AFTER I saw the movie. I agree with them, but she's still in character and does a better job than a lot of adult actors/actresses (read yes Ben Stiller still SUCKS).

X3 is still the bomb, the more I play it though, the more apparent its current issues become (like every other game). It seems that X3 is very balanced with a dynamic economy and attentive AI in the beginning of the game. But after a few in-game days, all these things take a dive. The economy starts to slow down as Free Traders (read NPC goods transports) are killed off by pirates or being run over and for some reason they never seem to respawn or be replaced. So after awhile, the universe gets this real empty feeling and goods start to back up or not get made at all.

Found me a new money sinkhole. Not going to talk about it yet, as I don't want to ruin the surprise.

Received a wedding invitation from T-ed, was very happy of that. With the cold coming on rats are starting to nest in my attic, so I was in desperate need of something to scare the rats away with.

Everyone have a great thanksgiving, send me some leftovers please! Be safe as the stupid-crazy shopping season opens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home