Skrubb it Out

Friday, November 25, 2005

Skrubby's Thanksgiving goodness....

I hope everyone ate well and laughed to tears visiting friends and family today. This was the first time I ever tried to "cook" a holiday meal by myself so I'm going to document how to cook skrubb-a-style Thanksgiving feast.

Items:
1 box Stove Top stuffing (pick your favorite flavor)
1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix ( + some milk and an egg)
1 small package of frozen fresh vegitables (get your favorite)
1 small can cranberry sauce (real cranberries suck)
1 uncut hickory smoked turkey breast from the meat department
1 bottle Yellow Tail Merlot ;) (1/2 to be used during the cooking process, 1/2 for after dinner contemplation)
1 gallon unsweet tea (substitute sweet tea if you like)

Not much actual "cooking" required, but I have to admit, I am very proud of the results. I had enough food (and wine) easily for two people so now I have dinner and probably breakfast tomorrow too. It's definately a bachelor's feast, but it worked out great.

What didn't work out great is the TV. Jimminy jebus TV SUCKS!!!!!! Not a single thing on to entertain. Only good thing was Finding Nemo, which I missed the first half of.

Big'J and I took the day off tomorrow and J's wife and child will be out visiting. So we're probably going to do something nerdy and play WoW or some other game most of the day. Doug is coming up late to visit with Rob-Rob and Pat is also driving in Cheese Girl. Somehow I'm going to have to juggle all this at once. Should lead to some interesting jokes.

When exactly does Christmas start these days? Is it actually at midnight tonight? Most stores have been putting Christmas stuff out on the shelfs for a good week or two. People bitch about it all the time, yet it still happens. Guess that's why it's great to live in the U.S. of A.

Hugs to everyone! God bless America!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home