Skrubb it Out

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Get her the nice jacket...with the long arms and tie downs....

Christmas is over, thank whatever powers that be!!! All the stores and stupid traffic should be calming down soon, which is nice because I'm tired of having to go to Walmart at 2 am just to get some darn socks.

I happily had the chance to visit with the Mobile crowd a bit on my way to the family. It was great to see most of you (though I hate one person in particular...you know who you are Ke...err...yeah, you know who you are). I was a little disappointed that I missed the P'fish staff, the McKinney's, Daryl, Irish Erin, Brian, Teddy and T-anne (hope you guys/gals had a great holiday and safe travels).

Holidays generally go on my suck list. The major reason is my family was specifically designed to "not play well" with others. As soon as I get to my dad's house, I walk in ready for a quiet little break and some food, and I notice that the spare bedroom has an occupant. My step-aunt-in-law-thingie Carol (step-mother's sister) has "moved in" for the weekend. This would be the point at which the obscenities begin.

Many people are "crazy". I've been called that quite often and am proud to be labeled in such a manner (hey, it's about attention....not good or bad ;) ). Carol is c-r-a-z-y. I'm talking wear the nice white leather jack with long arms and straps, be put in the padded room, here's your narcotics, don't let the insanity spread to the general populace kind of crazy. This lady needs to be put down for the good of humanity. I cannot express using words in this or any other language the level to which this lady has brought the very notion/concept of crazy. It has to be expressed as a subliminal guttural sound originating from the lower intestines.

So to not rant and rave, this was a very bad development. End result is that I almost had to muderate someone and my father was pissed most of the weekend because Carol wouldn't shut her shit mouth or mind her own f'n business. Add this on top of the step-mother being pissed because her neanderthal child (Rodney) is getting married to his already pregnant trailer-living no-education having "I'll be a waitress all my life" "words with more than two vowels scare me" girlfriend. Oh and yeah.....80% of the city was a wasteland of trash (thanks Hurricane Katrina). So there's a painting of the perfect holiday setting. ;)

Good news is dad and I had a chance to kind of hang out and talk about nothing important (good father-son bonding time), an eleven pound turkey was cooked specifically for me to bring home (best present ever!!!!), and dad bought me window rain guards for my truck and installed them.

So, if you've read this far, I apologize for not being overly funny this post (needed to vent a little). Hope you've had a much better holiday than mine and that Santa "pimped-your-presents". Merry Christmas and I hope to get to see you for New Years!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home