Skrubb it Out

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Beer, the ultimate opportunity maker....

Anyone want my job? I'm thinking about pursuing an opportunity that has presented itself. I took a work-related trip out to Allen, TX last week. I was out there for "training" on our next product release (though there was very little "training" and a lot of me asking questions getting a response of "I/we don't know."). My boss's boss went and a few other people from our office. Their trip was to sit down with a bunch of other "supposedly" smart people and start hashing out a new, from scratch version of our product.

Well, after many beers (and a few flammable beverages), the R&D manager (also the guy who started this "let's make a product that doesn't suck" process) begins to talk to his new project architect about how he envisions this new development team. During this conversation it dawns on me that the guy (R&D manager) is referring to me as one of the primary (though not lead, thank the heavens) developers. So I kinda freak out, but we talk a little bit more about it.

Next day, I'm a lot more sober and I ask the R&D manager if he was serious about the previous night's discussion. His response was, "I am very serious about it." Now nothing is firm (so I can't give my job away just yet) and it will be a couple of months before anything comes of it, but I'm pretty darn sure that if the guy offers, I'll be searching for housing in Texas. If this were to happen, I'd really like to find someone that doesn't suck to replace me here in B'ham.

On a side note, I sure do like green dresses at the Golden Globe awards! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home