Skrubb it Out

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Databases Pain....

In case you are wondering, I pretty much hate Oracle and PostgreSQL. Mostly for childish reasons, ex. Postgres mainly because it's spelled funny. Oracle is just a beast. And I mean that in every sense of the word. A true beast.

Mucho respecto to the guys and gals who make Oracle their beyotch for a living. I'd rather be calculating eigenvectors for the rest of my life than be stuck having to bend to the will of the Oracle gods.

Scary thing happened to me. I was in the midst of filling out the info required to download WinSQL yesterday and realized that I have learned to deal with 7 of of the 10 database products listed. For a CS guy, that pretty much sucks.

SELECT TOP 10(*) FROM table
SELECT * FROM table WHERE ROWNUM<10
SELECT * FROM table LIMIT 10
SELECT * FROM table WHERE ROWID(table)<10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home