Skrubb it Out

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

New day, fresh goodbyes....

The past month has been kinda crazy. This coming weekend will be the first weekend in five weeks that I've been able to just hang around the apartment and chill. Five weeks ago was Cat and Carson's wedding in Atlanta, four weeks Dwyer came up and we went to Newnon (right outside Atlanta), three weeks ago was Azalea City BEST's kickoff in Mobile, two weeks ago (was my fault) I took a mini vacation to Mobile for a little WARMACHINE and Mardi Gras action, this past weekend I was in Mobile for Dwyer and Cat. Phew....it will be good to sleep in late in my own bed. Though I have to say, looking back over the past month or so, I've had a great time when the time was supposed to be great (ex. watching Dewitt fall out of a chair) and exceeded all obligations with gusto (ex. I didn't punch my old boss straight in the face at BEST kickoff).

One big highlight from the past two Mobile trips was experiencing the culinary delight of the Blu Bistro (at the corner of Bit & Spur and Old Shell). Two Fridays ago BJD treated me to lunch there where I had the shrimp pasta and discovered that I am pretty much an apostle (def: an ardent supporter) of this restaurant. This past weekend we went for dinner and had gumbo, veal, and creme brulee (wow was my tummy happy!). Now don't expect to pay McDonald's prices, because this isn't the type of place you can get by just ordering bread and water. However, for a treat yourself special type of event, a romantic event with a loved one (please, no pets), or a special treat for a family member, Blu Bistro is worth every red cent, you commie!

Don't forget to tip your waiter/waitress...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home