Skrubb it Out

Friday, March 31, 2006

Flushing B.E.S.T.

So, BEST in Mobile is over. I can finally put the continuing problems of Azalea City behind me. A lot of my friends came to help out and to them I say "Thank you, you did a great job!" But now that I am no longer obligated in any way to deal with it (or more specifically a certain group of individuals) I have this great sense of freedom.

The drama of ACB, however, is far from over. There is officially a new hub director (which is good), but some key personnel are missing (primarily a technical director). While the local university has not been completely removed from the picture, it should participate at a much reduced level. There is the possibility that another department at the university might step up and support the program, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Money is going to be a problem for ACB. I seriously doubt the new director will be able to collect any funds that remain from the previous years (guess the university can buy more legos). The new director did make some good contact with Mudbrick Media, Degussa, Gulf Power, Alabama Power, and a few other companies. Let's just hope that plays out well.

Speaking of money, the ex-ex-director (he quit twice in writing), within 48 hours of the event, sent an email asking why he did not get the checks for the electronic kits that were purchased by the schools. Apparently he thinks he still gets to call the shots or that the new director is too timid to remove the university's involvement. To him I say, "Go ahead.....push her buttons. I DARE YOU, YOU RETARDED BASTARD!"

So, again I say thank you to all the people who gave of their time and money to make BEST happen. May your generosity be returned to you ten-fold. May your children grow and have the educational opportunities we never had. May you never end up smelling like three day old taco bell chili cheese burritos left in direct sunlight inside a burned out yugo parked on a mound of human feces.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home