Skrubb it Out

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Friends of the Ham....

Yesterday was a great friend's/acquaintance's day here in B'ham. I received an IM yesterday from one of the guys who works in my department asking me what apartment complex I lived in. No big deal, I think t myself, so I tell him. His response was "Excellent! My fiance is moving in there tomorrow. It will be nice knowing that there is someone close by."

Now my first response (and probably yours) to this type of statement would generally be something along the lines of "sucker.....", but I couldn't bring myself to crush his enthusiasm. The amazing thing (at least to me) is that her/their apartment is in my building one floor down and one apartment over. So it appears that I will have them as a neighbor (I know....someone should call them and tell them how dumb they were to move next to me).

Another amazing event happened yesterday as well. When I made it home I found a brand new fresh and shiny copy of PC Gamer (with a decent little article on Warhammer Online by Mythic), so I sit down and begin to read (ok, ok....I just look at the pictures). Somewhere around 6ish my phone rings and of all surprises it's Kyra on the phone. I figured I accidentlly mauled her favorite pet or something and I would never hear from her again. Miracles happen every day ;). At any rate, she wanted to someone to go with her to The Cheesecake Factory. Not being the type to ever pass up good food, I of course volunteered (I had the Chicken Picatta and the Dutch Apple Caramel Streusel cheesecake, both very tasty).

Heh.....I'm a social whirlwind! Ok....not really....but a guy can dream, can't he?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home