Skrubb it Out

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Home grown goodness..

Big'J's father apparently has started a "small" garden on their new land. It's so small that he barely has enough room to grow just about every vegetable (and some fruits) known to mankind. Yesterday, Big'J brought me nine ears of corn from this garden. Being has to how I am more experience in the consumption of corn vs. the preparation, I contact my resident food crazy, BJD.

After asking BJD how best to prepare fresh corn, he suggested I try fried corn and then we discussed proper prep and cooking. It was pretty darn tasty, though I think I should have added a bit more black pepper near the middle to end of the cooking process. Along with the corn, I had cut up some white gold potatoes in to small (< 1 inch) pieces in prep for boiling. I happen to re-consult BJD at this point in which he pointed out that I'm dumb and decided to school me on the following equalities:

Corn == Starch
Potato == Starch
Meal = Meat + Vegi + Starch
Meal != Meat + Starch + Starch

Having already semi-prepared the potatoes, I couldn't just throw them away. Instead, after some more discussion with BJD, I added about 1 to 1.5 ounces of EVOO, salt, pepper, Thyme (because you always need more thyme....get it......thyme.....time.....bah!!), 12 gazillion shakes of garlic powder (b/c I don't like to deal with real garlic yet) and coated the potato pieces. Dumped this mixture into a backing dish, top with parsley, cover and bake at 400 until fork tender, then remove cover and broil until you get a crispiness that you like. I must say that was damn fine eatin (or better yet, it was "Good Eats" - one of the best food shows EVER!!!). For meat I procured some butterfly cut pork chops. Tasty!

So be impressed by my culinary kung fu!

Nothing else really going on lately. I haven't heard any news about BEST in five or six days (which is sort of odd, but I'm not going to complain). A group of us from the office are going to see Talladega Nights on Thursday after work. Supposedly I'll laugh so hard I pee my pants. Big'J set up a Teamspeak server on one of his home PC's so we can chat and play Titan Quest without hugging the phone, though Titan Quest has been a beeyatch as of late and not let us establish a stable multiplayer session. I also added a new mod to X3: Reunion which adds something like 48 ships, new missions, new AI, new stations, and some other goodness. Given the mass amount of new digital crack, I've started a new game and am suffering withdrawals from being poor (that's what happens when you go from a thriving galatic empire making 3 million bucks an hour to broke).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home