Skrubb it Out

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Open the monkey cage...

The last two weeks or so have been both hi and low. The low part was that my mother's birthday was a bit ago and while the actual anniversary of her death didn't really bug me, her birthday was a little rough. I didn't expect it so for the two days of "funk" leading up to her birthday, I was just an irratable jerk, then I on the actual day I spoke with my sister and she was feeling the same. It hit both of us that we were just mourning her. My sister spoke with a bereavement shrink and he said that it's common to feel these types of emotions on a birthday instead of a deathday. Strange stuff. I'm slowly making it back my normal self.

The high point (which has been helping me get back to normal) is that Monkey Boy will be making a triumphant return to B'ham. He accepted a position in our Cullman office as a java programmer. The pay is pretty stinking good in comparrison to his education and the pay most other intro-level people that I know are getting (like > $10k than what I've heard). He should be getting the paperwork from my company tomorrow and he'll do the "Monkey Boy Dance" and tell his current crappy company. It was suggested to him by a mutual friend of ours to find his father's resignation letter (his father used to work for the same company he is working for now), cross out the date and his father's name, write the correct date and his own name in crayon, and use that as his official resignation letter. In my opinion, that would be just about the best ersignation I've ever heard of.

At at Wing's today and ran into the young lady that I think I busted trading spit with some other guy. She put the pressure on pretty hardcore today for me to ask her out, but I'm not sure if I can get the image of her (or someone that looks kind of like her) trading oral fluids with some 19/20 year-old chode out of my head. Mayhall at work told me to forget about the "incident" and call her. All of this is really messing with my hermit-till-death outlook.

2 Comments:

  • Do it! Ask her out!

    By Blogger Rich, at 9:16 AM  

  • (This is Laura by the way not Rich - I couldn't be bothered to sign up for an account)
    Who cares if she kissed some guy - every girl out there has kissed some guy at one point or another. We also all make mistakes so chalk it up to it being one of hers. Hermit till death plan needs to be overhauled :) So,ask her out!
    Laura

    By Blogger Rich, at 9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home