Skrubb it Out

Monday, August 15, 2005

JDATE and PWoT

Recently (the past week and counting) I've been extremely bored at work....like nothing really to do. Of course like any good American, I'm not telling my boss that. And of course I rationalize it as he knows I'm here and if he wants something he'll let me know. At any rate, I've been very very bored and a friend of mine sent me a link to an article about World of Warcraft which lead to my discovery of Pointless Waste of Time.

Now there's all kinds of good stuff on that site (especially if your a bit crass like me), but I stumbled upon JDATE or "John Dies at the End". I spent three days at work reading through it and then the forum afterwards. Needless to say I thought it was pretty good. The language is rough, but it feels real not like most stories where you read some statement that a character made and think, "who the hell speaks like that? I'd be pissed and would have been cussing..". At any rate, I found it great entertainment while I was at work and some of the pictures they collected to embed in the story are pretty freaky.

Now I don't think I would pay money for the story, but since it was free I'd have to say it was worth twice that much. Hopefully the author will refine his style and actually get a publishing deal somewhere and then I'd love to see what he comes up with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home