Skrubb it Out

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Release dates are worse than political telemarketers...

So I've been in a sort of "gaming funk" lately. New games haven't really jumped out and grabbed me by the jebees and screamed "PLAY ME DAMN YOU!!" as of late. However, I discovered not to long ago (back in late August early September) that Egosoft was making a new game titled "X3 Reunion". I know the X-series of games never really caught on with anyone I've met, but X2 has been pretty good distraction ever since I saw it in PC Gamer (the one and only PC gaming mag, all other posers are the suck) with a rating in the mid to high 80's.

Well, I tried not to think about it to much and not pay attention to the details of X3, but the lack of quality digital crack has left me in a state of bodily convulsions. So I started tracking the progress of X3. Initially the release date was set for October 3, 2005. This was awesome as I had very little time to wait. But just as "absence makes the heart grown fonder", "waiting pisses me the hell off!!". At any rate, I figured the Oct. 3 date would slip (which it did....duh!!) so no worries. New release date was set for Oct. 17, no problem.

Around Oct. 13, I decided that the release date was stable enough to go ahead an pre-order. Of course this "pre-order" concept just causes all of the digital crack endorphins to kick in about the game. Everything is running smooth, until I check Ebgames on the morning of the 17th, and see that the release has been postponed until the 24th, grrrr.......

Now the good news at the time (well kinda) was I read an official post by Egosoft (also on Avault) that X3 had gone gold on Oct 16th. So I thought the 24th was a pretty darn good target for actually getting my hands on a copy. Well the 24th came and went and still no word....25th the same until about 6pm. On the eve of the 25th an announcement was made that the "official" release date for X3 was to be Nov 3. BAH!!!! I could rip my own eyes out!

See here I am, having several gaming withdrawal, and still another week or two to get my game-on. It's my own fault....I know.....but once you hit the "black-tar" digital goodness it is easy to let the beast take control of the man.

Jimi H. here I come.........

1 Comments:

  • Dude. You can't wait till the end of the month and then add dates like you blogged all month. Thats not honest. Be careful on your way here.

    By Blogger KC, at 1:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home