Skrubb it Out

Monday, October 17, 2005

Microsoft Launch....

A serious post for once ;)

I've asked my most gracious boss if I would be allowed to attend the 2005 MS Launch events, and of course she said yes. The main event will be in Atlanta on Nov. 29, 2005. This event will have bunches of people speaking on SQL Server 2005 (which my product is going to be using next year), Visual Studio 2005 (which I'll end up using eventually), and BizTalk Server 2006 (which I have never heard of). Big J (not Big Joe Duke, he would be BJD) and I are going to drive over that morning and see what kind of damage we can cause. Another perk of attending the event is free software. Each attendee should receive a copy of SQL Server 2k5 and VS 2k5 Standard Ed.

On Dec. 13, there will be a Best of Event here in Birmingham. This is supposed to be a mini-show where they give a few of the highlights from the main launch. I'm hoping to hit the talks that I will miss in Atlanta (Atlanta has 2 or 3 tracks going on at once, so in order to hear one talk on a specific product, I'll be missing a talk on a different product). And again, attendees are supposed to get free software (SQL Server and VS 2k5 Standard). I'm also hoping that The Amigo will be coming up to go with me for this one.

Both of these events are free so it was pretty easy to get my company to let me go for training and exposure. At any rate, I'm actually looking forward to hearing some info on these MS products from the "source".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home