Skrubb it Out

Saturday, October 29, 2005

How to become a human firetruck in 3 steps....

I live near a firehouse. Many a night I've heard the sirens and seen the lights as the trucks rip out of the facility. And occasionally when I hear these activities I ponder the technology that we use to save lives. I think I have a new grasp on how at least one piece of equipment works.

Big J D's party was a pretty good time. Daryl, Ryan and Jody didn't show. The decorations made by Tammy's sister-in-law were very nice. I especially liked the black felt with the trees painted on it. Thought it looked pretty cool. The fog machine was a nice touch but I think we were robbed as it wouldn't automatically produce fog, someone had to hold the button down.

So I think that I have a very good idea of how a fire hose feels. Great pressure builds up, someone aims the nozzle, and suddenly there's this stream of high velocity liquid (hopefully without the little bits of ribs in it). Then once the tank has emptied, the hose sits back, relaxes and prays it doesn't have to do that again anytime soon, but feels a whole lot better. I don't envy the life of the fire hose.

So lesson learned, laughs made, headaches handed out.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home