Skrubb it Out

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Livin it up pimp style....

I made a deal with Big J, I'd watch season one of 24 if he would watch season one of Lost. So we loaned each other our season ones. Big J and his wife started to watch Lost on Monday night and they have been consistently watching 3 episodes a night during the week. I've been slacking and hadn't started 24 until Saturday afternoon. I watched 7.85 episodes until the most awful thing happened......my DVD player started making noises similar to a bad hard drive......I cried......

So my 24 marathon was cut short by disaster. This morning, I take a trip to Best Buy and get a new player (this time I bought a 5 disc player instead of the single) all the while mourning my old player. My dead player was bought almost 9 years ago. It was a great player and treated me well, but "Alas poor Yorick" it bit the big donkey poop. This new player was a little larger than the last one, so I had to do some rearrangement on the entertainment center.

Now I'm not generally one for work of the physical kind, but since I was already in the rearrangement (new word...made it up) frame of mind, the living room was given a make over. I moved the couch along the wall, put the second bookshelf next to the first along the bedroom wall, which has given me room to put one of my comfy chairs in. So now there's a bit more seating and I don't get quite as much glare on the TV. But the nerd in me had to go one step farther......I have a second PC.....wonder what I should do with it????

I put Cypher in front of the fireplace (like I would ever "buy" wood to light the thing) and placed the lcd on top of it and made use of the wireless keyboard and mouse. HA! Now I can compute, surf the net, write a blog entry, etc. from the couch with a good view of the TV. I'm such a nerd and damn proud of it!

Now....could I rig up a rib smoker in the fireplace.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home