Skrubb it Out

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Life-long sorority...

I reached my goal and then some on the ship last night. I added several coats to all the upper decking items and they have been secured in place. Tee gun deck and the upper deck have been attached to each other (I even managed to get the curve of the decking right). The outer hull was given 2 coats of brown over the white giving the ship a wood like color below the waterline. I also added a second coat of black to the sections above the waterline. While most of this was drying from paint or glue, I started working on some of the subassemblies that will be placed around the ship (like the 2 little boats that are stored away on the deck, the anchors, the rudder, etc.). Most of these items where given a basecoat (or 2 of white as well).

Tonight I should get the decking and the hull assembled (I made sure to get some rubber bands from work today to help holder everything together while it dries).

I would have made more progress, but I went out to Zapata's (a south mexican style restaurant) to have "dinner" with by neighbor Sara and her fiance (dinner turned out to be 2 beers). On arrival I notice there is an additional person at the table. I think, "cool, I get to meet somebody new and make fun of them". So I am introduced to Tessa. Apparently Tessa and Sara were in a sorority together and are now thicker than thieves, as it were.

Tessa has a nasty Southern accent, imagine someone who grew up in the deep woods of AL and you might get close, and I'm pretty much put on my guard right there. Girls with Southern accent's can easily be upgraded to snooty beyatches. But I get ahead of myself......so, I try to be polite and kinda sit back and enjoy my beer. Sara is apparently on the verge of a breakdown (all tearing up) because there's some other girl at her work that "hates" her. Of course, Tessa agrees that this other girl at Sara's work is an evil bigot whore.

So after about 45 minutes of the screech fest, the fiance and I try to politely inform these two girls that life is just unfair. Merry Christmas, it sucks. You don't have to give people a reason to be nasty or hateful. Dear lord what a mistake that was. Sara pretty much tears up and starts to go on and on how she can't get over the fact that someone doesn't like her. "OMG, like how could someone, like not like me??!?! I'm, like, the nicest person!" GTFU!!!!!!!! (its like STFU but grow not shut)

Then Tessa chimes in how she can't believe it and it wasn't like this in the sorority.............................this would be the point in the evening where I just about pull a Terry Tate Office Linebacker move. WTF do you mean, "It wasn't like this in the sorority?" Dear lord of the mighty cheeto! This is followed up by me commenting on how these two girls just aren't very prepared for the real world. To which BOTH of them respond, "We were in [insert sorority letters here]! It did prepare us for the real world!"

My response: "I'd like to call in the parents police and have your parents hauled away for improper use of a prophylactic with intent to damage the future intellectual capacity of the human species!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home