Skrubb it Out

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Gallbladder madness...

I discovered today that our Support Manager has had her gallbladder removed. She did not have a stone like I did, but instead had a malfunction of the organ. The symptoms are pretty much the same between the two cases, with the exception that a stone generally involves more pain that is induced more rapidly. As sick as it may sound, I'm kind of happy that I found another gallbladderless individual. If for nothing else than and understanding soul.

What brought this discovery on though, was that Big'J's wife was told today that her gallbladder was only performing at a whopping 11%. The doctors suggested removal. Big'J and I spoke about it a little and it seems that his wife sees it not as a matter of if, but when. So, it looks like my gallbladderless support group will be growing to a size of three.

It sounds sort of sick, but I wonder if this might provide a common ground between me and Mrs. Big'J? Over the past year or so I've been slowly becoming a little more comfortable around her, but still miles away from what I would consider normal. We'll just have to wait and see. My search for the perfect get well gift begins. Wonder if they make a gallbladder stuffed animal......

1 Comments:

  • A friend of mine in the ACM had his gallbladder removed at an early age. He is only about 20 I guess.

    By Blogger Brian Wright, at 10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home