Skrubb it Out

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Hurricane

My dad was brilliant enough to stay in Biloxi through Hurricane Katrina....so that's a hell-yeah for the gene pool right there. At any rate, they made it through the storm no problem. A 100 square foot section of his shingles on the house had to be replaced and the roof on the garage building will need to be redone, the privacy fence will need all new posts, and lots of detritus needs to be cleaned. All in all, he got off EXTREMELY light in comparison to the houses 2 miles south of him (those are the ones that were wiped).

They had been without power and water for a bit over 5 days. The finally got it back. At one point he wanted me to load up on groceries and any gas I could get my hands on (yeah right!!) and drive to him in the middle of the war zone.....300 miles in...no gas to get out...just to deliver some wheat bread and 15 to 20 gallons of gas for his generator (which is only on to "save" his food in the freezer). I didn't think this was the smartest of ideas. Luckily the power came back in his area and walmart is open now, so that saved me the trip.

I have been playing info goffer for everyone he knows though. Which has been keeping me pretty busy. I've been answerin his emails to friends outside the Gulf Coast area letting them know who is alright and answering what questions I can for them. Dad calls me up for the news (they have no cable still) and the weather.

At any rate, they're fine and I\ve had no troubles up here in the Bham. I was out of power/cable/phone for 9 hours Tuesday morning and did get to take off half of Tuesday (my work is on the same power grid as my apartment).

Safety tip: If you live in a trailer in a hurricane prone area and decide to ride out the storm in it, please just go ahead and shoot yourself and save me having to hear about you on the news.....

P.S. Kayne West.......with all that money you have.....get an education before you open your retard mouth on national TV. Moron!

1 Comments:

  • I am not sure whether your comment about the gene pool is sarcastic or not...
    The confusion comes in the thought that he is your father, and you have his genes.
    Still...at least everyone was OK.

    By Blogger Matt, at 1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home