Skrubb it Out

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Weekend ju ju.....

Saturday, apparently was Laura's birthday (Happy Brithday again!). Rich called me Friday night and invited me over to celebrate. I was stoked!! So I get up after sleeping in on Sat. and decide to go looking for an outdoor chair (The Bicycle Shop in Modile has the one I want dammit) and just some general shopping.

My first stop is the Hobbytown USA in Trussville (about a 25 min drive from here). I was very impressed with this location. The store was clean and orderly (at least as far as hobby shops go), and had a very nice collection of things I was interested in: about eight 1/700 waterline ww2 ships by Tamiya, another 5 or 6 full-hull or waterline ships by Trumpeter, the Tamiya paint line (I bought some spray primer and paint thiner), and a growing collection of games workshop stuff (good to look at, but not buy). I also took a gander at their books section, but didn't find anything worth buying. BJD calls me in the middle of my visit to tell me he's also in Hobbytown, so we compare the stock of the Mobile location and the Trussville one. Pretty funny, if you ask me.

I then head back to my area of town, eat some lunch and hit Lowes, Walmart, & Home Depot looking for an acceptable chair. No luck at all three places. At around 2:30 or 3:00 I get a migraine. SUCK! I almost never get migraines. I lay down for a bit, then decide to call Rich and Laura and tell them I can't make it. After several hours of suffering I decide that I really would like to wish Laura a happy birthday in person, so I dope up on pain medication and head over to their place.

R&L's gathering was quite enjoyable (even with the headache). Brian was actually in attendance, which was a huge shocker. It was great to see him, even though he apparently is a gimp from falling off a rock or something. I stayed pretty late (Laura kept threating me not to leave, I was scared....) and had a chance to talk to Rich about my interview with his company. What I did not expect was Laura chewing me out about the interview. She was slapping me around for not calling Rich before I showed up to the interview to at least let him know it was happening (my bad) and for asking my one question (which was, "So, what exactly does InterMark do?" HA!). Funny stuff!

Sunday was pretty boring, just work on the ship (see below) and run to Publix (I needed some more tea and generic vanilla wafers). I really should have started cleaning the place up for Erin. The great Irish jewel will be staying with me while she does oen of her clinical rotations up here at UAB. Oh well, I clean this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home