Skrubb it Out

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

God made the universe in 7 days......can my boss make a decision in 14?

Job News:
Today was "supposed" to be the day. My boss's boss's boss (we'll call him G) is in town and we were "supposed" to have a sit down this afternoon. To recap: I needed to ask for my boss's (B) permission to apply for a different position within the same company. The position is in Big'J's department and is open immediately (err last friday actually). She's pretty useless when it comes to decisions so she dumps the decision up to her boss (D) . D in turn pretty much is a chatter so we talk. But, D is about as usefull at decision making as a seventh toe on a footless mongoose. SO he in turns bumps it up to his boss G. G wants to talk to me in person but it will be another 7 days until he gets in town (today is the 7th day).

G wasn't due in until noon, so I just sort of spent the morning in my cube focusing on attaining the Skubbith level of Super-galactic Zen-oneness (it's the level right above terracota belt). Went to lunch with Big'J and he tells me that G is going to lunch at 1 with someone else in the building. No biggie, means I won't see him until at least 2. Around 3 D sends me an IM, "I just left a message with [G]. He's pretty busy today so he might not have time to meet with us. Maybe tomorrow morning". Leave it to the beaver to give me that warm fuzzy fealing.

Therefore, I'm still stuck in freaking limbo. I'm starting to polymorph into a githzerai (MM v3.5 pg129, Programmer/Wizard 8/1 HD 12d6+12 Init -2 Spd 20ft AC 18 Base Atk +2 NG CR 6). What the heck am I going to do with pointy ears?

On the Skubbtilla (Flotilla + Skrubb = Skrubbtilla, don't confuse it with Skrubbzilla) front, I'm still on pause. Apparently my "in stock" items from the warstore were actually "back ordered". Just received notice that my shipment went out today (3 days late) and will be here on Monday. Guess I just have to keep painting my WARMACHINE stuff. I have a basecoat of terra on the destroyer, all 3 MoW Shocktroopers, Vlad, and The Butcher. Tonight I'm working on the red accents (in no way is that a communist joke).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home