Skrubb it Out

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

I'm retiring bitches......

Two days on the new job and I must say that I'm still tickled pink about it. First day wasn't much in the morning (i.e. set up laptop and desk area mostly), though I worked a little on the 10k project. One of my co-workers was trying to talk my boss into buying me Copper Grille for lunch (supposed to be expensive, Big'J took his wife there for their anniversary), but no love. However, after lunch Big'J gave me a project, code named Sausage. The rest of the afternoon I spent poking around the data for project Sausage just to get a feel of what I was supposed to do.

Today, I went in early (30 min.) to get a jump start on the project and I ended up building the entire conversion tool by 4:30ish. Go me! I told Big'J, "That's it. I'm retiring on top!" I have a feeling he doesn't believe me. While I'm not totally slammed at the new job now, I have almost no time to surf the web or post.

Kyra's computer is done and out of the house (damn thing tied up my Internet connection for 2 days d/l windows update). Glad to get rid of that PoS. Apparently, handing the PC back to her doesn't get me off the punishment list. She insists on taking me to Macaroni Grill tomorrow night.

The SMS Hornett has as of yet to be completed. I am close to finishing one of the E-class destroyers. I did some research on 700th scale WWII planes and found 2 sets for the Japanese (one "early" war and one "late") and one set for the U.S. They run about $3 to $4 online so I'm probablly going to pick a few boxes of each up while BJD works on the rules for "BJD Pacific" (get to work you f'n slacker!!!).

I did find time to initiate "the chair" to it's new home. Dear Lord of Chair, it's comfy. I spent about 1.5 hours on the porch readying a book in the chair today. If it had wheels on it, I would bring it to work as my work chair.....hey, thats an idea.......wheels.......mmmmmmmmmm.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home