Skrubb it Out

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Plum tired....

Week recap: Got pissed off at work, realized that I'd rather be pissed off than pissed on (i.e. rather be mad in current dept. than happy in the last), had dinner with a female (granted she's a freakin lunatic), had the chance to hang out with a buddy I don't get to see enough (Monkey Boy), had a chance to hit the hobby store (bought spray paints mostly), and spent a little over half a day with one of my "brothers" and the closest thing to a child I'll ever have. So over all, I'm ahead of the curve I think.

Monkey Boy Morton drove, yes I said drove, from the Orlando area to B'ham on Thursday. Took him most of the day. He made it to my place around 4:15 or 4:30. We went to outback and had some 22oz beers. He had a chance to go visit another friend of his who lives up here. Friday was the big day, he had two inteviews which both went well according to both the interviewee and the interviewers. We just have to wait and see what they can offer him. I have a feeling he'll get an offer to work with the developers (don't know if he'll actually be a developer or not) which means he'll end up living in Gardendale. Not my personal favorite outcome, but if the money and the job is better, then I can't blame a monkey for doing what's right for him. He left this morning and made it safely back to the Orlando area.

Went over to Big'J's place and helped him to slay some chaotic evil plums with my paring knife +2, +5 vs. fruit. It's the time of year for him to start the wine making process. We pitted about 30ish pounds of plums which should make about 10 gallons of wine in about a year (maybe a little less). I have to say, I really enjoyed my day. It was great to see Lil'J. He has such a great "happy baby" aura around him. He didn't even cry when I came to near him, though I didn't dare try to hold him. His birthday is coming up, July 9th. I never thought I would be trying to find a b-day gift for a 1 year old. It was also great to sit and just kinda talk "life" with Big'J. We sat on his back deck pitting the plums and just talked about things on our minds; how great is was to see Monkey Boy, houses, Monkey Boy's wedding, Askew's (my neighbor) wedding, family (both living and dead), the yard, just about whatever came into our heads. It has been a long while since he and I have had the chance to kind of "bond" as it were.

As I write this, I realize how much he and his family mean to me, and how lucky I am to call them my friends/family (and Rich and Laura, Doug and Casey/KC, Dwyer and Tammy, Kenny, the other Casey/KC, Pat, Dewitt, Big John, Espen and Julie, Brian, the other Brian, the Fentons, just to name a few). Crap, I think I'm getting all emotional. However, I'm coming to the point in my life where, though I love my father dearly, family is no longer about blood. It's about those people I look to with great respect. People who enrich my life day after day. People that no matter how senile or sad I may get, are there to help put a smile back on my face and warmth in my heart. People who I don't say thank you to enough but still go the extra mile and say, "Hey, it's nothing. Don't worry about it." Just in case I haven't told you lately, thanks and I love ya'll.

Tomorrow, I'm going to drive up to Gadsden, AL to visist my father for Farther's Day. I'm not really stoked about having to drive to some odd city just to visit my father. I think I might even be a little bitter about it, considering he has as of yet to visit me here in B'ham even though he's been with 3 miles of me at least 6 times in the past year. But it's Father's Day, and it just wouldn't be right for me not to go see him. Besides, it'll cost me a lot less in gas money to see him an hour away instead of 5 ;)

Painting/Modeling this week has been pretty much at a standstill. My evenings have been pretty much taken up with www.TitanQuest.com on Mon, the Aksew's on Tues (Mike said he really liked the deck coloring on the SMS Hornet btw), dinner with very pretty lunatic girl on Wed, and Monkey Boy Thurs and Fri. I'm looking over at the SMS Rodney right now and thinking I need to get it done soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home