Skrubb it Out

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Unsinking the HMS Hood....

Apparently BJD psycicly project his insomnia to me last night. I couldn't get to sleep until 2:30. So I made good use of time for once and watched Dark Water via Starz On Demand (it wasn't that great imo) and kept working on the HMS Hood. All the life boats (that historically speaking were a waste of space since only 3 people survived her sinking), main armaments (four dual 15in. turrets), secondary armaments, and aft tower (behind the mainmast) are in place and just need some more touch-up painting. Pretty much all that is left is the mainmast, which is very delicate so I didn't want to attempt it so late at night. Looks like I'll hit my deadline of Thursday night for the finish and I might even have some time to finish up the WARMACHINE stuff.

Seeing as how I royally screwed up the paint job and the photoetching isn't all that spectacular, I ordered a second Tamiya waterline HMS Hood box (also means I get a second E-class destroyer hehe). Since I was ordering and there is a minimum purchase from the site I used (www.rocousa.com), I went ahead and added a couple of other ships to my roster; HMS Nelson (sister ship to the Rodney), Gneisenau & Scharnhorst (German battle cruisers, they jacked up some shipping until they were put out of action), and my first aircraft carrier USS Hornet (CV-8 version I believe).

Unrelated:
I noticed in Publix the other day that Coca-Cola is cashing in on their "zero" line of products by producing Sprite Zero. Intrigued, I purchased some and discovered that I find it pretty tasty. How, the whole point I thought of the "zero" line of products was for them to be 0 calories and 0 carbs, thus effectively a diet beverage. However, I was struck by the odd site of "Diet Sprite Zero". Uh.....so you made a beverage that already had no calories and no carbs diet? Would that be anything like making a rice-cake out of a 3D render of a rice cake? WTF? I was disinclined to purchase said "diet" flavor since it appeared that the regualr Sprite Zero was sufficiently without substances.

1 Comments:

  • I don't understand what's up with that. The whole situation is this. Diet Coke was made from the formula for "New Coke" in the 80's. "New Coke" flopped. Diet Coke stayed. Coke Zero was made from the formula for regular Coca-Cola that still exists. Both are the same in 0 this and that. Only the ingredients differ. So, since this is the story behind "Diet" and "Zero" and they both have to do with Coke, what does either (or both) have to do with Sprite? It makes no sense. I declare shenanigans...

    By Blogger Daniel, at 10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home