Skrubb it Out

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Skrubbtilla is plowing the waves again......

Given that I want to bring at least one 700th ship down to Mobile this weekend, I've had to cut my time with the WARMACHINE stuff short. Good news is I'm making progress on the HMS Hood. So far, I have the main hull painted, the deck plates on, the forecastle and both funnels assembled, painted and attached to the hull. The bad news is that the colors are all wrong. The conversion chart that Vallejo Acrylics provides to convert from the Tamiya brand was made by a five legged, three eye blinded, half-midget laprachaun dancing, hyperglycemic sugar junkie after consuming sixty seven pounds of raw suger cane. As such any "true" enthusiasts would "laugh in my general direction" if I even hinted that this was a true scale replica. I hold my head in shame.

Someone recently asked why I don't post pictures of my crappy artwork. Two reasons: One, my artwork is the suck (at least to me). Two my camera is a piece of shit. Three I'm to lazy to bother to buy a camera. 1+1 = 3

To prove # 2 from above, here is the best picture I could get with my stupid camera. Notice the amazing detail and sharp color correction....NOT!




As for the WARMACHINE stuff, I have the MoW seargent assembled and just need to finish the basics of his face and halberd. The other two MoW are assembled except for their halberds, which also need painting. The Destroyer just needs final assembly and his axe painted. Once I've finished those items, I need to hit all four models with the super-BJD-washomatic. Then glue them to a base......viola.....finished. I might get to them this week, but most likely, I'll finish them up next week.

Kyra came by tonight to borrow my Internet connection. She's been calling my freakin phone of the hook to get her PC fixed (thanks Ellis ,,,, ;) ). I finally answered it b/c I was tired of it ringing. As such I was suckered into taking a look at her PC, which is total fubar, i.e. reformat time if not hardware replace time. She has two interviews for real jobs tomorrow and wanted to research the companies, thus the use of my internet. What!?!?!?! She caught me at a weak moment!

I had a meeting with the Prod. Mng. of our Yellowhammer product today. He wanted to ask me what I knew about one P. "Monkey Boy" Morton. Told him that Monkey Boy was his prefered named and that he is the bomb diggity (I know, I'm going to hell for lieing). Here's hoping that they can give a decent offer of $$$$$ to P so he can move back up here and out of his current crappy company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home