Skrubb it Out

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Mmmmmmm...turkey is good....

Life has been a mix of hectic and quiet. Erin is still here. She'll be leaving Friday afternoon. I'm glad she visited, but I'll be most pleased to get my personal space back to skrubb-normal. Doug's visit was a blast, played lots of Halo 2 co-op and had many many beers with Rich & Laura, Ellis, Rob, and Crazy Socks Shaw. Looking forward to having many more beers with the same peeps on Saturday night.

Work is pretty calm. My boss (B) and her boss (D) pretty much don't talk to me anymore. I found out that June 2 will be my last day with my product (I happened to take this day off too hehe). This piece of information, which some people would consider important, was provided to me by the guy who is pathetically trying to replace me. Weak! Tuesday at around 4pm I was jump started on a project for my new department. It's both exciting and painful. I was getting real nervous this afternoon working on it because none of it makes sense, but then I spoke with Big'J who told me not to sweat it. None of them have figured out this particular product and it is the hardest (maybe second hardest) project they've run across. I think I'm picking it up pretty fast considering I have no documentation or experience dealing with this particular type of stuff.

Paints and stuff came in on Monday. HORDES Prime has some GREAT artwork. The entire book is in color (suck on that GW!!!) and the flavor text is pretty good, not the best I've ever read, but pretty good. My paints arrived with one extra soldier (I paid for 19 but 20 arrived). To bad it's a color that I won't be using (chocolate). AS of yet, I've either been unable to paint at all in the evenings (sick, dinner with Erin, Lost, etc..) or when I do paint a little it's been on the 28 WARMACHINE pieces sitting in my paint area (Destroyer <5>, 3 MoW Shocktroopers <6>, Adraza, Severous, Vlad <2>, and Kardov). No time for boats, though I'm not in a huge rush to get back to the ships until I figure out the water stuff.

Big'J and I ate lunch at the apartment today and played with (well I played some more with) the Vallejo Water Effects. It's pretty stinking cool, though I still haven't figured out how to get the results I want and my online searches aren't helping much. The stuff has this baby blue color to it and is the consistency of room temperature butter. So far Big'J and I have just finger painted it onto scrap pieces of plastic just to see what it does. I've also been trying to texture some of it with a brush, but I honestly don't think I'm skilled enough in the fine arts to whip this stuff into shape. None the less, I should be able to make something "acceptable" though nowhere near "good".

I apologize for the dryness of this entry. I'm just not feeling like my usual (funny ?) self tonight.

Had turkey sandwiches for lunch.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home